Thursday, May 26, 2011

Are dogs sent to teach us patience too?

First off, I find that I clean ridiculous things when people are coming to stay with us. I'm sure the very first thing they will notice is how the garage floor is swept and the towels in the linen closet are all folded with the crease side facing out. Ha ha. Meanwhile the cereal crusted to the floor in the dining room is the last thing that get picked up...if there is time.

Kallen's Mom and Grandma are visiting with us this week, and as I rushed around doing actual important cleaning (ie bathrooms, and mowing the lawn) a few hours before they were to arrive, Hal and Madison were left to their own devices. After getting rained out of finishing the lawn, I was getting them both back in the house when Hal came barreling in covered in poo. GROSSSSSSS!!!!!!! This is not the first time he has done this, but seriously!? Today of all days??!! I had people coming over for a play date in less than a half hour and still a lot more to do. I begrudgingly got him in the shower and amidst the dry-heaving on my part got him all washed up and dried. He was sitting outside the shower as I was taking one of my own and Madison was of course getting into drawers and handing me stuff like usual...except forKallen's razor. I looked out to find that she was "shaving" Hal. Luckily she didn't get very far (I think it was backwards.)
Did I mention he threw up three times today too? Good times.

There is never a dull moment at the Kidder home, that is for sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy BFS :) I personally think dogs are sometimes worse than the kiddos I mean t has never sprayed poop in his bed like tank

bEN said...

Somebody pooped on the floor of the employee bathroom at work the other day. It reminded me of the "hate crime" on the episode of The Office where someone crapped on Michael's carpet. At least the poop was in the bathroom and not in my office.....yet.