
Brad and Brittney behind the first waterfall.
Of course Kallen had to try out the waterfall with his whole body while we all watched. His face cracks me up in this pic.
The pictures don't even do it justice. I loved the bright red rock!
We got through this part of the hike on the way up the canyon relatively dry (jumped from the rock on the right to a little landing) This is the boys assuring us that we would be able to get back up the same way....
This is how it actually went down....
Kallen impressed us not only with his lizard catching skills, but apparently he tames them too-He said if you lay them on their backs they will go to sleep-the little guy sure enough closed his little eyes and held still, though I'm not sure he was sleeping.
There were 2 different waterfalls to climb up. Luckily there were ropes and somewhat stable...uh...ladders? A slippery log on this one and a rickety metal ladder on the other.

Kallen's Achilles tendon is too fat for his hiking shoes obviously. I feel so bad for him! Yikes!

4 comments:
Wow. It's so beautiful. What a fun Weekend.
wow it looks like you had a great time. so glad we have blogger to keep intouch
I hope Kallen's bloody blister is better! You poor baby!!!!! However you slot canyon trip was beautiful!!!
It looks so beautiful! Love the waterfall, isn't that why Heavenly Father gave them to us.. sorry about your heel kiddo is it better yet? Em you're looking bery skinny young lady I love your guts!
Post a Comment