Monday, May 11, 2009

We are so blessed!

We found out last week that the corrections academy Kallen was hired for got cancelled. He was supposed to be starting the new job on May 25th and has been very anxious to get out of the house. We are disappointed, but I’m sure another opportunity will come our way. We are always blessed and taken care of, so he will continue the job hunt. He spends a majority of his time studying for the GMAT. He decided that he wants to go back to school and get his master’s degree. He is blessed with the ability and drive to be focused enough and disciplined enough to do the necessary preparation. That is definitely not my strong suit, so I really admire him.

One of the major blessings we’ve had lately is the generosity of people helping us prepare for our baby. I’ve been overwhelmed by people’s kindness. My Mom started making all my crib bedding as soon as she found out we were having a girl. She always does such an amazing job on her projects and I love all the fabric she picked and how it all turned out. She’s sent a few other adorable blankets and outfits and she has been a great support.

I told Kallen that I would find a suitable crib on Craigslist and maybe we could make a changing table of sorts. He and his wonderful Grandma schemed together and completely surprised me with this gorgeous brand new set. I absolutely love it! Kallen was so cute and wanted to get the room all painted and set up for the surprise, but he knew how excited I would be and spilled the beans early. He got the room painted and about 95% put together by himself. The baby will be sharing her space with our office for a while, so it may be a little cramped, but it will definitely work.

Last week the fabulous ladies I work with surprised me with a baby shower/dinner after work. I got some great stuff and I was completely caught off guard. I am so lucky to work with people that I love and they spoil me there for sure. I don’t have pictures because it was a surprise, but they’re fabulous!! I’ve also had a few ladies in my new ward give me some baby items. We literally had nothing a few months ago, so I have really seen the hand of the Lord in my life sending these earthly angels to bless my little family.

It is starting to get hot here and I don’t quite know how I’ll make it through the next two months, but I guess I don’t have a choice. We’re getting ready for this little soul to come and I even drug Kallen to a birthing class all day Saturday. Ha ha. He was a good sport and even went for some post-class frozen yogurt with me to meet up with my good friend Jessica, who was in town for the weekend. She is pregnant too, but a few weeks behind me. She’s super thin and looks great and if she weren’t so darn charming I would hate her! It was so good to see her and her family for a little bit.
This is probably enough rambling for one post, so I’ll leave you with the latest prego picture. I am 32 weeks now and I think this baby grew a TON in the past few weeks. I was shocked at my last appointment when the doctor did his measuring and said I was measuring a few weeks behind this time. I’ve been right on schedule so far, so he is going to do an ultrasound next appointment just to check everything out. I swear it is just because I am out of room!! I’m sure the little one is fine, but I’ll be sure to update when I find out more info.

9 comments:

Jen Rose said...

You look so cute Emily! And I love the crib bedding! Super cute! I'll be praying for Kallen to find the "right" job...I know he will! Can't wait to meet the little one!

K+C=M+K said...

Em, you look so adorable!!! Pregnancy works well for you! And the baby's room is amazing also! Wow, what fun you have ahead of you:) Good luck with everything!

Maddie said...

Hi Emily

I love your posts! It takes me back to the year we lived together and all the fun that was. I can't stop thinking how blessed this baby will be just to have you as a mom ( I don't know your hubby, but I am sure you chose well!). It is amazing how the Lord blesses us in so many ways ( big & small). We will be spending a week in Vegas at the end of June and I would love to see you. Hang in there... summer is tough on pregnant girls...(especially your summer!)

Becky said...

You guys are the best. We are so sorry about the job but I admire you for putting forth such faith. It is really really hard. I hope you are doing well. The room looks SUPER cute. You will be a great mommy!

Big Momma said...

YOU ARE THE CUTEST PREGNANT LADY I KNOW!!! Liddy is going to be a lucky little girl! Two great parents!!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

You look beautimous woman!! I am so glad that there are people close to you to take care of you! I really hate being so far away sometimes!!! Oh, and 10 POINTS to Kallen!!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

emily... you are adorable. love the baby's room. too sweet!

Melissa said...

I knew mom liked you best!!!! ;-) "YOU ARE THE CUTEST PREGNANT LADY I KNOW!!! "
Well then....But seriously you are beautiful and I love the room and the bedding! I love that Kallen is such a good hubby to you. He really loves you! I love you tons lil sis!

Rodriguez Family said...

aren't you just too cha-cha for words! (as my girl Dolly would say)! and your little jelly bean sure sounds like she has quite the personality already! must get it from her daddy, HA!