Thursday, December 3, 2009
you're doing it wrong....
You gotta love unsolicited advice....especially when it is a random lady in church telling you you're parenting wrong. Ha ha. Thanks random parenting expert. I realize that having 2 sets of twins does make you somewhat of an expert, and I'm glad your little angels all slept through the night. My little darling happens to want to scream all night. And I mean ALL night. The pediatrician says a lot of it has to do with her reflux and she'll just have to grow out of it in a few more months. Super! Hope she makes it that long....right now she is just fussing and flailing around on my lap as I type because I was done listening to her scream in her crib. Nothing we've tried works on a consistent basis. I probably am doing a lot of things "wrong", but we're doing the best we can to survive. We do have a LOT of blessings-just not the blessing of more than a few hours sleep a night...if that. Our little one is healthy, generally happy, is a good eater, has the biggest smile that lights up her whole face and rocks her mom's world. She has an adorable laugh, and the biggest blue eyes that just love to look around and take it all in. She is a diva to the core-everything has to be her idea. She will refuse to take a pacifier unless she gets to put it in herself....then she just plays with it. It is completely useless for calming her down, but funny to see her move her tongue all around it and yell with it in her mouth. She wants to hold the spoon when we feed her, and she is dying to master Mommy's "big girl" water bottle. It is fun to see her little (strong willed) personality emerge a bit more every day. She is definitely a unique little individual already. We just have to work on remembering all the good on those L O N G nights (which is every night lately.)