Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our little girl is growing up

I haven’t been great about documenting Madison’s different milestones. I can’t believe she is almost seven months old! She had her six month check up a few weeks ago and she is doing great. I don’t remember exact measurements, but she was about 17 pounds and 27 inches long. I don’t remember her head at all because they do it in centimeters. She has consistently been in the 75th percentile and Kallen is worried she’ll end up being 6’5” like him. Ha ha. Hope not.


Here are some of her latest accomplishments and quirks….

  • *She has learned how to scoot very well on her back by arching her back and pushing with her legs
  • *Said scooting has created a little bald spot on the back of her head, but is finally growing more fuzz
  • *She is eating more and more solid foods-among the favorites are sweet potatoes, carrots, and a new favorite-pears
  • *If there is food she does not want to eat, she purses her lips and shakes her head side to side.
  • *She has found her voice and loves to just YELL….usually at church or in the middle of the night. It cracks me up every time.
  • *She is getting more coordinated every day. She is good at grabbing objects and is a whiz at getting her pacifier in.
  • *She likes to chew her pacifier and play with it-it is all but useless for soothing purposes
  • *Her smile lights up her entire face and the whole room
  • *She is coy and shy with new people
  • *She absolutely adores her Daddy and will focus on nothing else if he is in the room
  • *She is oh so close to cutting her first bottom tooth
  • *She tried rice for the first time last night and gobbled it up
  • *She still hates her tummy, but rolled over from her stomach to her back on her own this past week
  • *She is fascinated with Hal and loves to touch him-we shaved him and now she can’t grab handfuls of his hair anymore which everyone but her is happy about. He tries to lick her face and it absolutely grosses me out and makes her mad

She has 100% stolen our hearts…..aside from really really not being good at sleeping, she is the best little baby. She is happy and smiley and already loves to make us smile....especially in the middle of the night when I'm so frustrated with her - she just grins and coos until I smile back. We’ve often said that if she would sleep, she would be the perfect little person, so I guess there is not much room for complaining.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i love her already! Someday I'll be able to meet this little lady!

TheKeilShpeel said...

She's growing up so fast and she's soo cute.

Rodriguez Family said...

what a cutie! It surprises me how much I think I love my little girl one day and then feel like I love her more the next! You're in for so much fun!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Makes me so sad that I miss all of these great moments! I sure love her!!

Big Momma said...

I think Madison needs to come and visit her GG and Papa.

Big Momma said...

I think Madison needs to come and visit her GG and Papa.

Big Momma said...

Oops....sorry to say that twice! But I really mean it.