- *She absolutely LOVES watermelon
- *She is almost 22 pounds (She was over, but lost some weight being sick)
- *She is 30" tall
- *She loves dogs and gets super excited when we see them
- *She loves to read books and help mommy turn the pages
- *She waves and blows kisses (when she feels like it)
- *She says Papa, but prefers to whisper it ???
- *She is completely off baby food, and we're working on the bottle
- *She still takes 2 naps most days, but I have a feeling this is coming to an end very soon
- *She loves to watch other kids play
- *She has only been swimming twice this summer, but loved every minute of it. She'll put her face in the water, splash, and go on the air mattress with the big kids
- *She is getting more and more independent which is nice in a lot of ways, frustrating in others, and usually funny. She tries to put her own clothes and shoes on, but is so far unsuccessful.
- *She likes to play hide and seek....sort of. Mostly she just likes being found and chased.
- *She is slowly making new friends as her Mommy meets new people and tries to get out more.
- *She still makes us smile EVERY SINGLE DAY and we LOVE her more today than yesterday!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
No lazy days of summer here!
We've been busy in our new house! It is TONS of work, but lots of fun too. Although I wish we didn't have to stick to a budget, it has been a fun challenge to find inexpensive ways to decorate.
My parents gave us this cute table. I bought some crazy blue spray paint and went crazy! The top still needs a little work, but I needed a break from the fumes...and frustration. I love an (almost) free project, and it gives some life to our entry way.
This little $8 thrift store gem was also fun to cutsey up. It was in pretty sad gray-colored bare wood shape, but had some great bones to work with. It is the perfect size for Madison and a great pop of color for that corner of her room.
I just had to go with an all pink, super girly room!! My dad an Kallen spent a late night painting very subtle pink stripes all over. I wish I had made them a little more bold since it took SO much work to do, but I am still happy with how they turned out. I love this shelf that I tweaked a bit- replaced the wooden dowel hanger things with cute glass knobs. I also painted zebra stripes on the "M" to match her area rug. I had the canvases hanging above the rocking chair, but was definitely not in love with what I had painted on them previously. I re-painted them and am much happier now.
My ever-talented mother made not only all the bedding and pillows, but also a beautiful blessing dress. It is too pretty to not display.
My dad helped me re-purpose a thrift store light fixture to make a girly chandelier. It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but it is still better than the contractor-grade light fixture that just isn't fit for a little princess. I sewed some ribbons on my old curtains, glued some bows on the tie-backs, and called it a day (if only it had actually taken ONE day!!) It's nice to have one room completed!
Madison had her first bubble bath. She was mesmerized by the bubbles, but less than impressed with their taste. Overall it was a hit and we'll definitely be doing more bubble baths!
This big girl had some sort of stomach bug for 3+ weeks and got SIX (that's right- six) teeth over the past month. She is not quite walking yet, but cruises along the furniture and walls. Here are some of her latest accomplishments, etc.:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh lady I love your ingenious decorating! VERY cute! and very pink :) hee hee I love it!
You are so "crafty"! I love your decorating style. You've come a long way since the ugly, yellow chair days! :)
Happy birthday Maddy! She's so flippin cute!! And I LOVE the turquoise table, like a LOT!
Wow you have been super de duper busy lady! I LOVE all that your handiness has done with Maddy's room and the house! Sure could use some of that her! Miss your face!
MUAH!
wow, I'm way behind on blogs! 1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Madi!
2. I LOVE the pink of her bedroom. It looks GREAT!
Post a Comment