Thursday, November 18, 2010

America (and Madison's) first ZOO

My sister has season passes to the Philadelphia Zoo, so we headed over to check it out for the day.



Taylor really liked the snake room and kept showing me all the cool reptiles. Eeeewww!




They had these cool Lego displays throughout the zoo.


Madi got to see what a real leopard skin feels like....except it kind of freaked her out and she didn't want to touch it.



This crazy girl loved Lucas on her own terms. She could touch him, but if he touched her, it was another story. She sure showed her bossy/sassy side with Taylor and Lucas. She was full of "no's" and finger shaking and who knows what else she was saying?! We're definitely going to have our hands full with this one!



We need to get a goat. I've never seen a girl that loves goats quite as much as Madison.


This was her favorite goat. She didn't want anyone else to touch it. She would grab their hand, move it, and tell them "NO!" It's OK though because Lucas was NOT a fan! Neither was Melissa once it nuzzled and NIBBLED her neck!!


I just love giraffes. We got to see gorillas (one picking his nose and eating it!), snakes, bats, rhinos, tigers, cheetahs, cows, goats, ducks, chickens, monkeys, etc. etc. There were also peacocks roaming around the walkways throughout the zoo. It wasn't crowded, and only got cold towards the end, so it was a LOT of fun!
P.S. I think Madison is a baby giraffe at heart!

2 comments:

Maddie said...

I love the comment about the "giraffe at heart". FUNNY!

Rodriguez Family said...

sister trips are the best-it looks like you guys had so much fun! And Madison is getting so big!

PS I love your nephew's name...