Friday, April 1, 2011

March in Pictures, mostly

Madison is finally aware of her hair and loves to try on different accessories....for about 2 minutes.
Watch out Ray Charles! She sings and dances and puts on quite the show!




There are some benefits to having a sick child!




That would be the basket RIGHT next to her cute little Madison-sized chair she got for Christmas. Apparently it's not just for blankets anymore! I do believe this is where she ate her afternoon snack as well.



We hiked a mountain by our house!



We built towers with friends...although I am certain that Jaxson did ALL of the building, and Madison did most of the knocking it over.




We are adjusting to GG and Papa being called as full time local missionaries and working ALL day long in the mission office!



More sick-baby naps.



And although I have yet to take a picture, this is something I want to remember-


Whenever I am taking a shower, Madison loves to get into all of the stuff I don't let her play with when I am not in the shower. The other day she came running (rather toddling quickly) into the bathroom, whipped open the shower door and yelled "ouch! No no!!" and proceeded to wave the stapler at me until I took it from her. This is now a regular occurrence. I've been handed everything from Kallen's razor, to face lotion, floss (after she had pulled the entire thing out, of course) empty toilet paper rolls, and the grossest- a bunch of hair from the garbage can. I usually end my shower with quite the collection of items along the top of the door frame. It frustrates me and cracks me up at the same time. This is the reason there are child locks on the bathroom doors, and most of the drawers...guess it's time for one on the top drawer that she now easily reaches.


On a brighter note- she has learned how to spit out toothpaste this week and now uses the "big girl" stuff that she is always so quick to grab and try to eat. Wow- sounds like I'm up for Mom of the Year award with this post! Yikes!

3 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

You are mom of the year!! I wish that is what my babies did when they were sick...it is quite the opposite around our house. She is such big girl..so cute! Wish I could give her luvs in person!! LOVE YOU!

Nathan and Colleen said...

You're so cute Emily. We loved the pictures of Madison. That story at the end is hilarious.

Mitch and Holly said...

Fun pictures. Miss you guys. Mitch is saying a visit might be in the works. Don't get my hopes up. Your daughter is so cute. I love the shower story.