Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh Gladys, you're not the only one with pips!

So apparently an individual little root-stock plant start thing is called a pip. You learn something new every day! Well, I just so happened to plant 15 little pips around the outside of my house this afternoon. I really slacked at getting my spring flower bulbs planted this past fall, so I vowed not to stink at getting my summer perennials planted. I've been jealous of everyone's pretty daffodils and crocuses as we walk around the neighborhood knowing that my bulbs are sitting in the back of my fridge. Anyway, it turns out my 15 little root starts and 2 rose bushes will not be nearly enough, but hey, it's a start and hopefully they'll be pretty flowers come summertime! Now for my vegetable garden and herbs.... Hmmm... hopefully we'll have another gorgeous day like today again soon!

No comments: