Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Blueman Group



I went to see Blueman Group this past weekend with my friends Joe and Ryan. I didn’t really know what to expect going into it, but it was very interesting. After I got over the creepiness of these Blue-faced men that don’t speak, it was so cool! They were funny, talented, and very entertaining. They played these drums with paint on them that looked like sparks shooting up every time they beat the drum. They caught a TON (I think we counted 25) paint-ball things in their mouths and “spit” them out to make a kind of modern art painting. they made these crazy musical intruments out of huge PVC pipes and played them, and they had a glow-in-the-dark band that played all sorts of cool music. It was definitely a unique experience. they had a lot of interation with the audience which made the show a lot more fun. At the very end of the show, there are rolls and rolls of this white wide crepe-paper stuff that shoots out over the audience from the back row. I was completely covered and it was so fun! Everyone just keeps throwing it forward, so by the time the front row got it, we couldn't even see the people at all. It was so crazy!

2 comments:

Jen Rose said...

Didn't they kind of freak you out?

Emily said...

yeah, a little bit! I was glad we didn't get the close seats that we wanted!