Saturday, April 12, 2008

Here's to you, Sam!


Since our "kids" right now consist of our pets, I have left a very important family member out of my updates. We've heard a lot about the newest little member, Hal, yet no mention of my long-time buddy Sam. He's my most current beta fish (in a long family line of 3) and I've had him for about 2 1/2 years. He's fairly shy and unassuming. He mostly keeps to himself. He rarely makes noise and truly is the model "child." In fact, he doesn't even complain that I don't feed him every day-he is forever an optimist and just makes do with the plant roots in his vase he contently calls home. He lets his fun personality shine through when he get excited and swims all around and dances when we talk to him. He's pretty talented for a little fish. Ha ha. So, here's to you, Sam the Beta. You're one of a kind! (at least you were in the Wal-mart where you came from.)

10 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Uhhh..question, I thought that the RED Betas were female, so is SAM short for Samantha, or is he having gender issues.. he he he Regardless we are highly offended that we were not introduced in our last visit, and that Isaac did not have a chance to say hello. Guess that means we will have to come again! YIPEE!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Nevermind..I was WRONG!! SAM is definitely a MALE!! (I googled it just to make sure :)

Emily said...

So sorry for not introducing you- I guess I assumed you had met since he's been around for a while. I'm so glad to hear he's in fact a male and isn't gender-confused. Thanks for clearing that up :)

K+C=M+K said...

Ooh fun! What's your next child, er, pet going to be?! Love animals, have fun with them now for sure! p.s. when are you guys going to make real ones of your own?

Unknown said...

I love Sam! :) Where was he hiding at?

Deya Love said...

Awwww.....Gunther and Enrique!!!! :(

Melody said...

How funny! All of our Beta fish have been named Sam too!

You guys btw, where great tonight! I love that you can always make me laugh! Kallen you did great too! Tough subject, good job!

Texasholly said...

Emily! It's been fun reading your blog and catching up. You still look as cute as ever.
Also? Sam seems like a cool fish. :)

Big Momma said...

OK---You've really gone over the edge. Now, I not only have to claim a granddog, but a grandfish too??? Emily, Emily, Emily!!!!!

The Ormsby's said...

I had a beta in college, his name was Rick. Maybe he would have liked me better if he had a cool plant to live under.