Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching Up

Wow what happened to November!? This month just flew by and we’ve been keeping ourselves pretty busy. Can you believe that I didn’t take a single picture all month!? BORING! Sorry for the non-aesthetically pleasing post, but at least the scary Halloween pictures of us aren’t at the top anymore.

Here are a few of the November highlights-

Of course for me a big highlight was watching Twilight. I thought it was well-done. Of course the books are always WAY better than the movies, but I was pleasantly surprised. I went with Tony and Kallen and they even said it was decent. We avoided the opening night craziness and opted for a Saturday matinee.

We are moving back to our condo in two weeks! Holy smokes! We’ve known for a little while that we might possibly move in December or January, but now it is right on top of us! We spent some time this weekend moving storage stuff into the garage since the boys currently living there will be out sometime this week. We picked out paint colors and even bought a ladder. We will have a busy two weeks ahead of us-between packing, cleaning, and painting it will be CRAZY! Exciting though and it will be nice to be back in our own space….and to have a DISHWASHER! Yay!!

Kallen has the opportunity to fully participate in the crazy economic times right now- he got laid off from CB Richard Ellis last week. Luckily he somewhat saw it coming and has already been networking and job hunting. Hopefully something will turn up for him soon. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that we’ll be blessed again this year with him finding great employment quickly. I’m so glad I have a righteous husband who has worked very hard these past few years to follow the prophets’ council and get out of debt (as much as we can at this time) and to save for a rainy day. I’m wishing our food storage was in a little better shape, but we will by no means starve. It is a good learning for the both of us and a good exercise of our faith.

We spent Thanksgiving here in Las Vegas and ate some great food over at the Christensen’s house. I loved everything I tried and literally gained 4 pounds in two days! Yikes!! It’s not like you can have just one roll or one piece of pie though-especially when there’s so many great options. Kallen also got a new video game and the boys spent all weekend playing games and relaxing. It was a nice relaxing weekend…the calm before the moving storm I suppose.

7 comments:

Nicola said...

Em, I'm sad we didn't get to meet up with you in Vegas. That would have been really fun since we haven't seen each other in forever. Happy Holidays!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Hey LADY so good to read a post from you...even if it is 6:30am and I would rather be sleeping, but my child has different plans! I am SO excited for you to move back into the Condo :) (p.s. I am coming to Vegas on the 26th-30th...not sure I will be allowed to leave, but maybe you could stop by??? I hope that Kallen finds something he enjoys :) Loves!!

Unknown said...

i understand BFS We love you

Josh said...

Border Patrol is still hiring. It's a blast, and it pays fairly well. I'd tell you exactly how much I've made this year, but it would probably just upset the little taxpayer inside of you.

Plus, I've seized a handful of vehicles, lots of Marijuana, and crushed the dreams of countless illegal aliens. It doesn't get any better than that.

Unknown said...

count on josh to plug the border patrol :)

Rodriguez Family said...

hey lady, thank for the post! I'm sorry to hear about Kallen's job, but I know something will come up! It's just money right? How much do you really need it?! HA!

Unknown said...

excuse me but could you post something soon I need a good laugh! :) love your guts!