SHE'S HERE!!!!
This was two nights before I had the baby- stick a fork in me, I'M DONE!!
I got to the hospital and they started me on some drugs just to get my body prepped. The nurses were amazing and I was super nervous but they were great at calming me down and keeping me well-informed. They got the drugs started and the plan was to start me on pitocin the next morning/afternoon. I sent Kallen home to take care of the dog and get some good rest since he didn't fit on the too-short hospital bed.
Well, I started having contractions that night so they took me off the drugs and let me just progress throughout the night. It was pretty much the most awful night of my life. Besides all the uncomfortable monitors, the I.V., etc., I was having contractions and some major back labor. I am not a fan, for the record. I labored all night and my nurse came in with the best news around 5am- that I could have my epidural now! This was about 5 hours sooner than expected, so Kallen raced back to the hospital and we assumed we were on our way to having a baby. I continued to progress, but not as fast as they would like. They couldn't start me on pitocin though because the baby wasn't responding how they would like so they didn't want to make my contractions stronger than they already were. They tried putting me on oxygen, breaking my water, etc. and nothing seemed to help. Around 11:30 the nurse came in and said there was really no way around it and in order to have the baby born healthy, we needed to do a c-section now. It was a scary moment, but Kallen talked to the Dr. and got more details and we decided it was the best thing to do.
What a strange experience the c-section was. I had my epidural, so I couldn't feel much other than pressure, lots of tugging, etc. The prep didn't take long and they were on their way. Kallen got to watch the whole thing and take pictures (I'll spare the graphic ones, but I think it is pretty cool) The docs were good about explaining to him what they were doing. I didn't get to watch, but I could somewhat see in a reflection on one of the light fixtures on the ceiling. It was very surreal and cool and gross all at the same time.
16 comments:
I think we have the same water bottle! How exciting!
And I guess I should probably mention the adorable little girl too huh? Baby Madison is so lucky to have such a fun mom.
ahh... she's so beautiful. congratulations you guys! you're gonna be great parents.
sorry the delivery wasn't as smooth as it could have been... but a healthy baby is worth a few speed bumps!
She is beautiful!! I am so glad to hear that she and you are both healthy! I am sorry that ur delivery ended with a c-section, but at least she is here and healthy! Love the name by the way! Too cute! Congratulations!
Congrats. She is stunning and you look amazing. So excited for you guys.
Yeah! TY loves the name Madison :) I'm so sorry you had to go through everything. I remember the moment the nurse came in and said we're going to have to do a c-section... I was scared to death too. But you're right the baby in 15 mins (in our case...) wasn't so bad. Good luck with recovery, I know it's hard to not do stuff on your own, but it's time to let others help you. BFS. We love you guys! and are so excited to meet this little lady!
Madison Marie was our favorite out of the four...we LOVE it! She is so precious...give her lots of love and kisses from me ok! Love you!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys.. she is beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her. I hope your recovery goes well, I know the first 2 weeks are pretty rough, but that beautiful girl will help you get through! If you need anything, or have any questions about recovery, let me know! It seems like it was just a couple days ago I was going through that!
So precious! Congrats! I love the name too.
Madison is a cute name for a super cute girl! Hope you are healing well. I had to go the c-section route with Ellie. Isn't it weird to feel like you have absolutely NO stomach muscles?
Congrats!
Congrats Emily. I love the name Madison. Your experience sounds a lot like what I went through with Derek. Laboring all night, getting the epidural in the morning (sweet blessed relief!) and then ultimately having the c-section in like 5 min. Enjoy your little one!
Holy crap! Nice cankles. Madison is adorable too.
Congratulations! Our babies will have to hang out sometime.
Yeah... How exciting. She's beautiful. I hope recovery and motherhood goes smoothly. Congrats again. Have so much fun loving that sweet little girl.
Em, she's so beautiful, CONGRATULATIONS!
Oh! She is so cute!! I love the name Madison! I have always wanted to name one of my babies that! and gosh those are some sweet ankles lady!
Congratulations - Madison looks like a keeper
Post a Comment