Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Expert Gourmet Cookie Basket Wrapper and Bow Maker
So I decided to get a little holiday job after work for the next month or so. I decided to forgo the craziness at the mall, and instead opt for a zoo....The Cookie Zoo, to be exact. Last night was my first night, and I must say- I am not bad! Ha ha. I am great at taste-testing the cookies (so much for losing weight by Christmas) and I can wrap trays and make bows with the best of them. I had a fly-fishing guide tell me once that I was a natural at that, so until this point that was going to be my go-to job if I ever got desperate. Well, according to Whitney (the cookie lady) I am a natural at this too. Whew! It is good to have my fall-back opportunities expanded almost instantly. If banking ever turns south and the fly-fishing doesn't work out, watch out cookie tray wrapping world, here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That sounds like an awesome job!! Who wouldn't love to taste cookies and tie bows!! :)
She even sends me home with cookies, which is a very BAD idea- they don't even survive the car ride home! Turns out I suck at cutting brownies, though. I guess I can't be good at everything. *sigh* Ha ha.
That sounds like so much fun! I have always been partial to the wrapping job at Barnes & Noble..although that is more like volunteer work than getting paid...so I think you made the right choice. What is your favorite cookie so far? I think you should send pictures of the baskets and let us see your masterful work!
I think you should SEND me some cookies :) Yum!!! How's Kallen's job hunting comin along? Did he pick up a "holiday" job too?
ok so if I got on here more often like I'm supposed to, I guess I wouldn't have to sound shocked when you tell me these things- remember to save me a cookie
I'd love to send ya'll cookies...but I eat them all in the car on the way home! I have no self control. Last night, between laughs, Kallen suggested we weigh me now, and then again at the end of the cookie job. Isn't he a clever one....grrr!
Aww that reminds me of when Michelle would bring us home soup. But cookies sound WAY better! You are such a Martha Stewart and now you even have a Martha job. Tying bows. I love it!
I knew you had it in ya Em! That is so exciting that you realized you have such an awesome hidden talent! Just think what would have happened if it weren't for the cookie zoo! So, this is fun getting to blog with you seeing that we live on the other side of this ginormous town from each other, but really- let's figure out a good night when we can all hit up Cafe Rio again!
Post a Comment