Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007 extravaganza

Ok, so maybe it wasn't an "extravaganza"....perhaps not even a gala, but it was a good time nonetheless. Who can argue with a holiday that is all about dressing up and getting free candy?! It is personally one of my favorites. Kallen doesn't exactly share the same sentiment for this wonderful holiday as me, so I was floored when he voluntarily dressed up for WORK! His boss, Gabe, was obviously a dead ringer for Pedro, and my Kallen was Napoleon. I think its hilarious,
but I may be biased....


When I was a little girl, I used to love being a witch for Halloween...Kallen may even say that I enjoy being a witch EVERY day (not really, mom...don't worry!) So I decided to go back to my roots and be a boring witch. We went to our ward party for Halloween. It was pretty cool- it was in a cul de sac right around the corner from where we live and they had the standard trunk-or-treating, but then at each house they set up different carnival games like a cake walk, fishing, cotton candy, face painting, etc. They also had a chili cookoff and a pie baking contest as well as a pumpkin carving contest. My camera battery was dead, so I didn't get any good pictures of the night, but I was pretty impressed with the ward and had a blast seeing all the hyper kids in their cute costumes....you don't see too much of that in the singles ward.


So there you have it. I hit a few store tonight and bought some cute halloween stuff on clearance, so I'll be even more prepared for next year! Too bad I have to wait that long, but I just boxed it all up so I won't be tempted to leave Halloween stuff up until December :) And Christmas is a whole other story....

6 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

LOVE Kallen's costume :) I am very impressed that he dressed up! I never knew you had such a fascination with witches...is that why you chose me for a roommate?? he he he I am sorry to burst your bubble, but you are too pretty to be a witch! LOVE YOUR GUTS!!

TheKeilShpeel said...

I love your stockings.. and Kallen's boss made me laugh..he's the perfect Pedro.

TheKeilShpeel said...

I love your stockings.. and Kallen's boss made me laugh..he's the perfect Pedro.

TheKeilShpeel said...

So how's your sugar strike coming:)

Deya Love said...

Hmmm..Brianne might be on to something with this whole affinity for witch-like roommates.... :)

I can't believe Kallen's boss dressed up for Halloween?! That is awesome! I tried to be a modest Britney Spears for a work skit on Halloween and someone asked if I was a tranny. Go figure. I guess it's pretty close. :)

Jen Rose said...

You guys are so cute! Love the costume!