#1- I am out of shape
#2- My dad is right and I should wear a helmet (don’t worry-no crashes, but I would feel safer with one on. I ordered one this week and it should come before our next outing.)
#3- If you buy a trail guide book, make a copy of the trail before you bike it. Not wanting to carry the whole book, I thought I could take a good look at it and remember the path…I guess my judgment is marred when confronted with a split in the path and one way is uphill, and the other is not. I definitely took the downhill path and consequently got us a bit off the trail. Oops!
#4- Who needs a dog when you can walk your bike along a desert trail? I decided to name it Dusty.


It was pretty fun and a lot of hard work. I’m still a little sore and I think we’ll start with an easier trail next time. These are pictures of the lovely Nevada scenery. Ugggh. The duck was pretty funny though- there were a few of them just hanging from a tree…probably so the people actually riding their bikes wouldn’t hit the low branch they hung from.
3 comments:
Looks like fun Memsy...was ANYTHING else sore? Ha ha ha... I am way jealous that you got bikes..Jarod and I have wanted to for such a long time... I can't wait to hear more of your adventures or should I say "misadventures" as you go biking ;) Glad to hear that you got a helmet to save that Noggen of yours..it is too pretty to mess up ;) Have a fab turkey day. Love ya!
I was actually thinking before I read the end of this entry, how pretty the scenery was. It's so different from the East. I love the cactus and mountains in the background. The dust dosn't sound so appealing though.
You'll have to go out for FHE and bike around town together. :) yes yes.. need the helmet.
Post a Comment