


I finally wore Kallen down :) and we got a dog! He is about a year old (they weren't exactly sure) and he is a Bichon-poodle mix (or a bichpoo if anyone cares.) We spent almost all day Saturday looking at dogs, and he must have been at least the fifth one we had them bring out and let us meet. We got him from a shelter and his little bio said he had some special needs-that he had been neglected and was a "fear biter" and they weren't even able to get him to calm down enough to be groomed. Well, it took about 2 minutes before he was sitting in my lap and I was toast from that point on. I knew he was the one I wanted. He was pretty shaggy looking, but so loving, and he's pretty obedient. He warmed up to Kallen pretty quickly too, and now will not leave our sides. It is fun to have a new little friend around. We decided to name him Hal (as you can see in the picture, his breath is AWFUL! and so we decided to just roll with it. We thought halitosis might be a bit too far, so we'll stick with Hal. As far as being a biter, I think the people at the shelter must be confused. He is so loving, and even when he's playing around, he is gentle and kind. We even took him to the groomers this weekend and he passed with flying colors. He had to be shaved because he was so matted, but we'll keep him groomed and hopefully with a little more hair from now on. If anyone wants to meet our new friend, don't hesitate to come by! He's a little shy at first, but he'll warm up to you once he realizes you're our friend. What a funny little guy!
10 comments:
Congratulations on the new addition. He is super cute!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
AAAAhhhh! He's so cute! He's got Kallen's eyes and your nose. :) Can't wait to meet him in a few weeks!!!! Whoo-hoo!
Hal is very cute!!! It was fun having him over the other night to play with Harlee...they're going to be good buds!!!
Cute doggie
OH my gosh, you did it!!!!!!!!!! Hal and Kal, bff! I love it! Sorry, did I just ruin that for you? Kallen, you know you like it. :) Em, your face is priceless, I am so happy about your little Christmas present and can't wait to see more pics of your little baby!
Ohh...I am so happy for my memsy. The name is hillarious! CONGRATS! Give Hal big kisses from me ;)
How cute!! I love the name, Hal. You guys are so clever. Congrats, and have fun with your new member of your family.
Well today Hal is on the naughty list. He was getting territorial over a little chew toy tonight and he snapped at me and then later at Kallen. I guess we knew he was a "fear-biter" but had never seen it before. Then he cried forever because I wouldn't let him in our bedroom to sleep. I finally gave in because I'm a sucker and I was tired, but hopefully today will be a better day.
I can't believe that the dog is in your bed. DO I need to teach you the dog rules!!! He sure is cute.
Cute dog. But let Britt teach you the dog rules. No bed Emily.
Post a Comment