Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas

I know we're almost halfway through January, but better late than never, right? We stayed here in Las Vegas for Christmas, and the Christensens (who are SO good to us!) let us join in their festivities. Here are some of the highlights...



Baby Aurah being adorable as usual


Kallen being a good sport about the Christmas pjs I got for him :)




Jen and Robin playing our funny Christmas present game-it was double wrapped with packing tape and you had to pass the present to whoever rolled a specific number on the dice and they put gloves on and tried to unwrap it. It is a guaranteed good laugh!


The boys playing on Drake's new X-box
Paige and Brooke showing off their new shoes

Drake playing with his big guns

I was a little nervous about not spending Christmas with my immediate family, but it turned out to be a great holiday anyway! The Christensen/Rose family were so good to us, and it was nice to just relax and not deal with the traveling. I do have a few things left to learn though-I forgot all about Christmas dinner so we ended up going to the movies and having nachos and popcorn. Oh well. Christmas Eve dinner MORE than made up for it!!

7 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas :)

Derek said...

I think that you should do a make up Christmas dinner!

Emily said...

I think YOU should come cook it for me!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Looks like fun Memsy. If you think traveling with two of you is exhausting..wait until you do it with a baby! UGH! P.s. I am getting very excited to come and see you, and introduce you to little Isaac. (Did I tell you we are coming in March??)

K+C=M+K said...

Em, Happy New Year, Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary! This is a busy time of the year for you guys, huh? It's always weird splitting up the holidays with your inlaws for the first couple of times when you're so used to just going to your family's, isn't it? But now what I wanted to chat about.... YOU GOT A DOG!!!! Yeah for that, boo for not living in Vegas anymore to get our pooches together to play! He is super cute, what a fun mix you got and you are going to love having a companion to play with. Moo is part of the family now, and that is how Hal is going to be! We are coming back to Vegas this weekend, maybe we can set up a play date with our doggies- what do you have going on?

Melissa said...

I missed being with you at Christmas. Jason and I have been married for 10 years and it's STILl hard to be away from the immediate family...especially our crazy family. Don't you especially miss Chris' "naked suit" pajama's??? LOL!!! Or how 'but the "fun times" of taking a family portrait. OH BOY! We really are in need of an updated family photo...we have lots of new additions. We should suggest to mom and dad that we would also like to include our dogs in the pics. Wouldn't that be an experience. This past Christmas I kept thinking about the Chirstmas befor last when you spent Christmas in PA with us. That was really fun. I'm glad you have the Christensens. They are such a fun and loving family (and beautiful!) It's a comfort that they take care of you and Kallen.

Jen Rose said...

Sorry you were away from your immediate family for Christmas but we were SO GLAD to have you! You guys are family anyways! We had such a fun time!