Thursday, October 22, 2009

Call it what you want, it still FREAKS me out!

I think everyone has a few irrational fears. I think my funniest one is that any time I am cutting Kallen’s hair with the clippers, I think that I might accidentally shave a reverse mohawk down the middle of my own head. I understand it’s nonsense since I AM THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE CLIPPERS, but I suppose that is what makes it irrational.
I recently discovered a new one. Since my little darling is up all night, I am also up feeding her, drinking tons of water, and consequently using the bathroom. I don’t want to turn the lights on since our whole little happy family sleeps in our room for right now (that’s a whole different post) so I leave the lights off. The other night (as I'm ahem...doing my business) I got thinking about how I can’t see anything, and what if there was an alligator in the toilet waiting to eat me!? Then I thought- that’s silly, we don’t live in Florida or anywhere with alligators. Then I started picturing creepy snakes (which i have a very real and rational fear of) and all sorts of creatures that could be choosing to come through the sewage pipes of Las Vegas, choose the path to MY condo, come to the toilet in MY master bathroom, in the middle of the night and wait for me to come so they can bite me. I think they get together and plan it now that they know I don’t turn on the lights. I’m in quite the quandary, obviously.

what are your irrational fears?

6 comments:

Stacie said...

I can't name just one. Now that I'm a mom, I lay in bed at night thinking of all the horrible awful things that realistically will probably never happen to me or my kids -- but never the less, it keeps me up a lot.

Megan said...

Every time I use the toilet without the lights on I have the same fears....every time mostly snakes....

The Cope Family said...

I think you need sleep. But everytime I see a news story about an alligator or snake or whathave you. I kinda freak for the day or the week. So I understand.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Ok...so you made me laugh out loud with this one! I have those fears even when the lights are on. The worst is that sometimes down here, mosquitos will fly out from under the toilet seat...YIKES! Since I have been sleep deprived during this pregnancy I have grown a huge fear of the dark and not being able to breath. Sooo I make Jarod sleep with the bathroom light on, and our blinds open...One night I thought I was going to die because I couldn't breath...so I ran outside to get a breath of fresh air...HA HA HA HA...in Houston? YEAH RIGHT! The doc put me on some sleepy pills to help me relax so that I didn't have to be admitted to an insane asylum...which explains the HORRIFIC spelling errors I had in my last post! (I have to stay up until I am so tired that I can see straight or I panic and worry that I am going to suffocate to death...) Officially CRAZY!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

oh and p.s. that picture of that man TOTALLY CREEPS me out!

Melody said...

hahahaha...you crack me up but then again i'm afraid of so many things and they all are completely ridiculous too! Seriously tho, i am sooo afraid of the dark because of monsters,ghosts, vampires and such...:) that i cannot sleep without a light on and when i get up to pee in the night i jump back in bed real fast so they don't get me...:)