
This crazed look is my baby who learned how to laugh this week. Too funny!! She was cracking herself up for about 5 minutes. It happened Tuesday night just before bedtime. It was the best early birthday present a girl could ask for!

My little one had her first official full blown cold....this picture is the day after possibly the worst night of our lives. She screamed
inconsolably from about 9pm until she finally fell asleep at 6:30 am. NOTHING worked to calm this poor child. We took her to the doctor that morning as soon as we could get in where the
dr. proceeded to tell us she had colic....and there was nothing we could do. We tried Gripe water,
tylenol,
motrin,
mylicon drops, driving in the car, holding her, not holding her, rocking, the swing, the bouncy chair, singing, baths, white noise, I even walked up and down the stairs outside a bunch of times while holding her because it worked once and we got a 20 minute reprieve. Needless to say, raising kids is a
crap shoot and babies are frustrating because they can't tell you what's wrong. It breaks my heart! We even tried letting her cry it out. I only lasted an hour.
Kallen tried another time for 3 hours. Not only did she not fall asleep, but it made her clingy for the rest of the night.
Well, after almost 2 weeks of her waking up and crying from 2 or 3 in the morning until 7am, she's finally feeling better. I hope I don't jinx us by writing this, but today she was awesome. I think she's FINALLY feeling better. She is definitely working on getting 2 bottom teeth, but other than drooling and chewing her hands, she seems
ok with it.

BLESSED SLEEP!!!!
The whole cold/colic/teething, etc. definitely threw her off her schedule. She's never been a great sleeper, so the semblance of a schedule that we had went out the window. We are now back to her waking up every 2 or so hours at night....but at least she goes back to sleep! She does have acid reflux and I believe that is a major part of her sleeping problems. After much persistence (ie: me calling the dr. a bunch of times) he referred us to a GI specialist and we go next week. Hopefully they can either change up her medicine or the dosage or something that will give this little one some relief.
haha....as I was typing this she woke up....see what I mean about the jinxing?
She definitely has her own little personality and opinions and doesn't hesitate to voice them. But she is beautiful and mostly a happy baby and she loves to smile. It melts my heart every time.
6 comments:
oh.. I so know how you feel. This is why it took me 2 1/2 years before I got pregnant with Andrew and still then I thought 9 months I would hopefully then be ready. Luckily Andrew has been a saint compared to Kyle. I would be done having kids if it was anything like him again. I'm so sorry you're having it rough. Colic is no fun. Seriously, try to get out on walks. Does she like the stroller? Sometimes you just have to let them cry in their room and you walk away. Have someone else take her. You have family there? You'll make it.. I promise. I LOVE the leggings.. They are soo cute.
OH Emily! There is nothing worse than bad nights with no answers! I hope she is feeling better. I hope you are doing ok at work and I can't wait to see you guys! Love you
PS, she is still getting so much cuter in every picture!!!
Gosh she is beautiful! Just like her mama! I am so sorry that the kid won't sleep. My "baby" has been my worst sleeper - he only just started sleeping through the night about 2 weeks ago and he's 20 months. Hang in there. You will get sleep.
oh girl! A baby with her own outspoken opinions?! Where did that come from?! HA! I'm sorry she doesn't sleep. I wish I could guarantee that it gets better...
Wow, it does look like you've tried everything... Do you like Dr.Karp and "the Happiest baby on the block"? Check it out on youtube... I've seen the five "s" working...
I am so sorry lady! You've tried all the tricks I know plus a few more- but hey at least your legs got a good work out BFS :) I wish I was there to help give you some reprieve! I hope the GI specialist is able to help! Good luck with those bottom teeth! (We lived off of motrin and orajel for a few months!) You can do hard things!!!! love you!
Post a Comment