So after our fun weekend with the Hancocks, we dropped Kallen off at the airport and Madison and I headed down to Springville to visit family and friends for the week.
We stayed at my Grandma Na and Papa Ray's house. How many 86-year-olds would be down on the floor with their great-grandchild? My grandma is awesome. These two were loving every minute together. I was so glad we got to stay in their home and spend that precious time together. My grandparents are truly wonderful amazing people.
Playing with Uncle Chris and Ethan.
We went the Salt Lake and spent an afternoon with one of my good friends, Jessica. I met her in Las Vegas and we "worked" together, though I'm not sure how much work we actually got done. She is such and inspiring person, plus she is beautiful and funny to boot. I had such a great time, and so did our little girls! It looks like Sarah should belong to me with her curly brown hair (Jess is blond.) They were too cute with each other. Can't wait to see them again!!
Papa Ray has quite the green thumb. Their back yard is so pretty. He has all these beautiful flowers everywhere plus all his vegetables and a few fruit trees. My Grandma always has a beautiful fresh bouquet on her table. I loved just watching him outside working. He even had some flowers for Miss M.
We got some goggles thinking we would have time to go swimming with my nephews, but just ran out of time! Luckily she was content just playing with them anyway.
We got to hang out with my cousin Kami and 2 of her girls at a fun park. We also spent an evening with my very good friends from Las Vegas Holly and Kristin. I miss those girls and all of our fun crazy times so much! We went to Holly's husband's softball game and Madison loved cheering and yelling along with us. We also had the best snow cones ever....seriously good! It was such a busy quick trip, but SO worth it!! Hopefully we'll make it back to Utah again soon. I was extremely nervous for the L O N G drive home with just Madison and I, but after two super rocky hours at the beginning, she got it out of her system and was such a good traveler! Guess we'll have to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment